Friday, April 02, 2004

CONSUMERS BEWARE! A Local Insurance Scam!

Author: Zalala

This is a real scam!!! What I emailed to my insurance companies' Board of Directors:

To XX Insurance Board of Directors:

Today I was informed that I had no insurance coverage from 3/8/04 until today through no fault of my own and because one of your agents or your company is either making a serious mistake on my account or scamming me for money. I do not like to pay money for services that I am not receiving and fully intend to inform the media about this practice.

I was in the office at Pinellas Park on March 8th, 2004 to make a payment. I was told that I had to sign an uninsured motorist's form, why I do not know. I signed the form and made my payment to Ann. Apparently, my insurance was cancelled the next day even though I had made my payment to your office. No one called or informed me of this. I have voice mail and caller ID.

I received a call today at approximately 2PM by Allison at the Pinellas Park office and was told that my insurance was being cancelled today and that I need to come in right away and make a payment of $23 to reinstate the insurance policy and have pictures taken of my car. I spoke to Allison and Ann who told me she had called me. She never did and she lied to me. I still had no voice mail or caller ID entries from this office with the exception of the initial one made today when I spoke to Allison and Ann.

I arrived at the office today and signed in at 230PM and waited for half an hour to talk to Allison. I told her about the problem, she told me she was the one who had called me and that she would try to help me. The first thing she insisted on was payment, up front. I told her I had no money until I was paid tomorrow (3/18/04) and that I should not be held accountable for something someone else neglected to do on my account. I am not an insurance agent and do not know the rules and regulations but that does not mean that I am ignorant. But I can smell a scam from the get go.

Allison had me sign a NO LOSS form and gave me a receipt annotated for $23 and told me to come in and pay the $23 tomorrow after I receive my pay since these monies would come out of her paycheck if she was not reimbursed by me. My insurance had been reinstated as of today. Allison has been more than accomodating and worked really hard at keeping me as a customer.

The WHAT IFS are, what if I had gotten in an accident the week I was cancelled without my knowing about it? From March 8th until the 17th, today? If your company is scamming me for money or making serious mistakes regarding my account, what would you happen to do if I was laid up in a hospital after an accident? If you are going to screw me like this, what would you do if I needed insurance paid out? I have doubts as to if you will maintain me as a customer. The only one who tried to help was Allison.

Do not tell me that this has anything to do with the insurance carrier. You promote yourself as the insurance company and the checks I give you, go to you.

I should not have to pay out monies for someone else's mistake, nor should I be lied to or be cancelled without being made aware of it.This is the $hittiest service I have ever received from any company I have done business with. I intend to post this on the Internet in several different places. It might be good for your company to do what is right in this case.

So your company takes payments from customers and then has the insurance carrier cancel the customers the next day. I smell something really rotten here.

AMS
A Very Unsatisfied Customer

PS: I will be sure to follow up on this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home